You are pregnant and enjoying this beautiful phase. You and your partner are indulged in this pregnancy very beautifully and taking care of every small thing. But now, as your pregnancy proceeds, you might be seeing some of the changes in your body physically and also in your skin. These skin changes during pregnancy are normal and also not everyone faces it.
So, let’s have a look at the changes which one may see during pregnancy. Check out the blog-
Skin Changes you can see during Pregnancy
1. Varicose Veins-
Many women suffer from Varicose veins, it happens in the legs, as the growing uterus exerts pressure on the legs. These varicose veins get faded away in a year after giving birth to your baby. Varicose veins are the enlarged veins that look like twisted cords and can be of any color red, blue, or color of your skin.
They can occur at any time during pregnancy, but it makes it a worse phase in the third trimester.
2. Spider Veins-
Spider veins are caused due to hormonal changes and increased blood volume. They are like small reddish blood vessels that branch outwards. Spider veins can be seen on the face, neck, arms, and upper chest. These occur when you are short on Vitamin C. Increasing your vitamin C intake and also not crossing your legs while sitting helps to reduce the spider veins.
3. Linea Nigra-
The skin change which you would have never thought. Linea Nigra is the dark line in the skin which runs from the navel to your pubic bone. This line we have since birth, but due to its light color it was never visible. During the 4th or 5th month, this line becomes visible. But do not worry, it fades away after pregnancy.
Hyperpigmentation or the dark spots and patches on the skin are one of the most common symptoms during pregnancy. But don’t worry, pigmentation will resolve after delivery. Pigmentation will be like brown patches on cheeks, face, nose, and forehead. This happens because of the increase in melanin.
See more- How to prevents hyperpigmentation during pregnancy
5. Pimples, Breakouts, and Acne-
Pimples, Acne, and Skin break out are some of the most common skin problems before and during pregnancy. Acne and Pimple are very stubborn and takes time to vanish away. It happens when your oil glands secret more oil, and due to the secretion of oil, the pores get clogged, resulting in acne and pimple.
The best way to deal with it is to cleanse your face properly and make sure skin pores are not clogged.
6. Stretch Marks-
One of the most common symptoms or you can say a gift of motherhood. Expecting moms develop stretch marks near buttocks, abdomen, thighs, breasts, etc. As the pregnancy increases, your skin stretches making it lose its elasticity. To be honest, it is impossible to remove stretch marks, with time they fade away.
See more- How to get rid of stretch marks at home
What to do about Skin Changes
So, now you are well aware of the changes you might see in Pregnancy. There are some things which you can do about these skin changes. Such as-
- Have a proper Pregnancy Diet- Having a proper nutritious diet is very necessary during pregnancy. Vitamins, minerals, proteins help a lot in the well-being of the skin. If your diet is proper during pregnancy, your skin will glow automatically.
- Keep yourself hydrated- Drinking lots of water and fluids help to flush out toxins from the body. It removes all the unwanted toxins and makes skin healthy and glowing.
- If you see Pimples, clean your face 2-3 times- There are chances that you will see a pimple on your skin, if that happens it is good to wash your face 2-3 times a day with a gentle cleanser. Make sure the cleanser you use is mild or it will rip out the natural oil from your face.
- Have products that are non-comedogenic- Many times the skincare products we use do not suit our skin and clogs the pores. Once the pores get clogged, it gives you acne. So, if you have oily skin, make sure your skincare products are oil-free, so that excess sebum does not clog your pores. If you have dry skin, your cosmetic products should be hydrating and moisturizing.
- Consult a dermatologist- If you feel you need to consult a dermatologist, make sure you tell them that you are expecting. As some of the drugs like Retin-A, isotretinoin should not be used in Pregnancy.
- No longer showers- You need to stop those long showers you used to take. Taking bath with lukewarm water for a longer time may rip out natural oil from your skin and make it dry and itchy. So, during pregnancy just have short showers with a mild cleanser.
- Do not stand for a long time- Standing for a long time gives you varicose veins. It is good to sit whenever possible, keep your legs elevated, wear compression stockings, and also try to maintain a healthy leg circulation.
So, these are some of the Skin Changes During Pregnancyin the first, second, or third trimester.
Have you started noticing any skin changes yet?
1. When do skin changes during pregnancy start?
Each and every pregnancy is different. Skin change during pregnancy is not necessary to be seen on every expecting woman. But some of you might notice skin changes as early as the first trimester, or you can even notice them late. It all depends on your pregnancy.
2. What causes skin changes during pregnancy?
So, whatever changes occurs during pregnancy you can blame all of it on the hormone changes. At this time, hormone secret more oil, which makes you vulnerable to heat rash and skin discoloration. Stretch marks happen due to the increase in a baby bump, due to which skin loses its elasticity.
1 11 Safe Home Remedies for Cold During Pregnancy (Tips)
2 15 Best Stretch Mark Cream Removals (Reviews) Of 2020
3 Healthy Snacks With Different Nutrients Safe During Pregnancy
4. How can I increase the chances of normal delivery