Stretch marks are a gift to you by nature that you gave birth to a baby. According to me, a mom should never be ashamed of stretch marks. During pregnancy, one your belly grows, when you gain weight your skin stretches a lot which results in losing its elasticity and hence the stretch marks. However, there are some ways to reduce the visibility of stretch marks- Using the BEST STRETCH MARK CREAM removals.
Using a good quality and safe stretch marks cream helps to hydrate your skin and reduces the chances of stretch marks. Stretch marks do not really go away completely, but with the time and proper care, you can reduce their appearance.
We have shortlisted 15 BEST STRETCH MARK CREAM removals and oil reviews which are completely safe to be used during pregnancy and postpartum. Check out the blog-
What are Stretch Marks and its Causes?
Stretch marks are long lines that appear on your skin and are different from your skin color. The medical term for this is ‘Stria’. They are parallel and rapid in appearance.
Stretch marks can be of different colors like-
- Light Blue
Stretch marks are caused when your skin gets stretched to its limit, and it loses its elasticity. In pregnancy, when the baby grows the stomach skin gets stretched which causes the stretch marks.
Stretch marks can appear on following body parts-
15 Best Stretch Mark Cream Removals or Oil for Pregnancy
1. Bio-Oil Skin Massage Oil:-
Bio-Oil Skin Massage Oil ReviewsThis is one of the most promising and used oil for stretch marks during pregnancy. Regular use of Bio-oil helps to reduce the stretch marks, scars, aging skin, and dehydrated skin. It helps to nourish the skin post-delivery too, gets easily absorbed in the skin and is non-greasy.
- Helps to reduce the pregnancy stretch marks
- Evens out the appearance of blemishes and scars
- Moisturizes and hydrates the skin
- Increases elastin and collagen into the skin
- Does not clogs pores
- Botanical extracts might lead to skin irritation.
2. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter, Fragrance-free Lotion:-
Pamper your skin and yourself with this amazing blend of Cocoa, Shea, and Jojoba butter. It helps to keep your skin soft and smooth and also moisturizes and hydrates the belly stretch. With around 5k positive reviews on stretch mark cream, this helps to nourish your skin both before and after delivery.
- Formulated with Shea Butter, Hydrating cocoa and Vitamin E
- Does not irritate the skin
- Moisturizes belly stretch
- Suitable for normal skin
3. Weleda: Pregnancy Body Oil for Stretch Marks:-
Enriched with Vitamin E, wheat germ, and sweet almond oil Weleda Stretch Marks cream helps to hydrate and nourish the skin. With a rich blend of all the essential oils, this stretch mark cream helps to reduce the belly stretch and increases the skin’s elasticity and smoothness.
- Maintain’s skin moisture
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks, and wrinkles
- Increases skin’s elasticity and smoothness
- Free from any synthetic preservatives, colorants, and fragrance
- Dermatologist tested
4. Health Priority’s 100% Natural & Organic Vitamin E Oil:-
An oil made from 100% natural ingredient and an essential oil like vitamin E and coconut oil helps to lessen the appearance of stretch marks and improves the skin texture and skin tone. It prevents aging of the skin and helps in brightening them.
- 100% Natural
- Lessens stretch marks and also heal scars
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Free from Paraben, alcohol, and fragrance
5. Earth Mama Belly Butter to Help Ease Skin and Stretch Marks:-
Give your skin the rich luxurious feeling with these Belly butter stretch marks. Filled with organic herbs and oils, it helps to diminish the appearance of stretch marks and increases the elasticity of the skin. Its natural and delicious scent won’t even give you any morning sickness.
- Dermatologist tested
- Free from petroleum, mineral oil or artificial fragrance
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Calms the stretching belly and thighs
- Light and natural fragrance
6. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil:-
A multipurpose skin therapy oil, which you can use on your face and body as well. A unique blend of sesame oil, rosehip, and canola reduces the appearance of stretch marks, scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. It helps to moisturize the dry and damaged skin.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars.
- Formulated with cocoa butter, shea butter, olive oil, and vitamin E.
- Dermatologically tested
- Provides deep moisturization
- Free from paraben, phthalates and mineral oil.
- Many may not like the fragrance
7. Mommy Knows Best Stretch Mark Cream for Pregnancy & Scar Removal:-
This is a 2-in-1 cream, which removes the stretch marks and also treats the scar. It helps to reduce the age spots, wrinkles, and skin pigmentation. Free from retinol, it is absolutely safe to be used during pregnancy. Blended with vitamin E, jojoba oils, cocoa, and shea butter it helps to soothe and soften the skin.
- Clinically proven
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Tones the skin and also makes it lighten
- Removes scar too
- Ethically sourced ingredients
8. Botanic Tree Stretch Mark Cream Remover:-
The cream made from 100% organic extracts, provides intense hydration to the skin. This is a multipurpose cream that can be used before, during, and after pregnancy. The cream has been tested and proven that it develops 34% fewer stretch marks.
- Hydrates the skin
- Can be used before, after and during pregnancy
- Made from natural and chemically safe ingredients
- Prevent stretch marks
- The cream may cause skin irritation
9. Body Boost Milk & Honey Stretch Mark Butter:-
Enriched with super-hydrating ingredients like milk and honey, Body Boost Mark Butter helps to reduce the visibility of acne, wrinkles, and stretch marks. It strengthens the connective tissue and leaves the skin soft, smooth, and nourished.
- Targets stretch mark areas like belly, breast, hips, and backside.
- Treats dry, itching and aging skin
- Non-greasy and fast-absorbing
- Contains Gotu Kola, which builds collagen and elastin fibers
- The aroma of milk and honey is very addictive
- Not vegan
10. Glow Organics Belly Butter:-
For all the moms who want only best for their skin and uses organic products, Glow Organic Belly Butter is a must buy. It is made with 100 percent organic ingredients. The shea butter in it helps to penetrate deep inside the skin and nourishes it. Cocoa butter helps to form a barrier and keeps the moisture locked in.
- 100% organic
- Enriched with shea butter and cocoa butter
- Deeply moistures and nourishes the skin
- Prevents stretch marks and relieves skin itch
- Cruelty-free butter
- It is thick to apply
- The natural scent may not be pleasing
11. TriLASTIN Maternity Stretch Mark Prevention Cream Reviews:-
Made from 15 botanical oils and extracts, TriLASTIN Prevention Cream is enriched with fatty acids and antioxidants. It helps to balance the pH level of the skin and also improves skin elasticity.
- Helps improve skin elasticity
- Balances pH of the skin
- Enriched with antioxidants
- Soothe, hydrates and protects the belly skin
- Slightly expensive
- Does not contain Cocoa or Shea butter
12. Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy:-
Precaution is better than cure, We all have heard this quote. Mederma Stretch Marks cream is apt for it. It helps prevents the appearance of stretch marks cream even before they appear. Giving your skin the nourishment of this hydrating and moisturized cream helps to take care of the stretch marks. You can start using it from the second or third trimester and can use it even after delivery.
- Prevents stretch marks and itchiness of the skin
- Fast-action formula
- A unique blend of botanical extracts and hyaluronic acid
- Makes skin more elastic
- Strong fragrance
13. Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream:-
A rich blend of cocoa butter, shea butter, and other essential fatty acids Body Merry Stretch Cream helps to improve the skin elasticity and reduces the appearance of stretch marks and also soothes the skin. With super thick consistency, it hydrates the skin and also gets absorbed easily in the skin.
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Prevents dark marks, surgery scars, and stretch marks
- Deeply moisturizes skin
14. Mustela Stretch Mark Prevention Cream:-
With amazing and positive reviews from the real moms, Mustela Stretch Marks works with Avocado peptides to restore the skin’s elasticity. The cream is very smooth to be absorbed and nourishes and hydrates the skin quickly. Its BEST STRETCH MARK CREAM removals.
- Made with Avocado peptides
- Fast absorbing
- Lightly Scented
- Minimize the appearance of stretch marks
- 100% breastfeeding compatible
- Very expensive
15. Mama Mio The Tummy Rub Butter:-
This is a little different from both the stretch marks cream and stretch marks oil. This supersize tub deeply moisturizes the skin and prevents stretch marks. Formulated with sweet almond oil and olive oil, it relieves the belly from any redness and itching.
- Helps to reduce the pigmentation
- Fruit oil increases cell renewal
- Relieve redness and itching
- Moisturizes the stretch marks
- Made with organic shea butter, avocado oil, and coconut oil
Bonus Tips To Remove Stretch Marks
- Stretch marks never get fully removed, the creams can lighten the appearance of stretch marks.
- While choosing a cream make sure it is pregnancy safe
- Any oil, lotions, creams and body butter can provide nourishment to your skin
- Use the cream two times a day to keep the skin hydrated
- You can also vitamin E to prevent the development of stretch marks
- Always make sure that your cream does not contain Retinoids also called Vitamin A, as it is not safe during pregnancy.
So, these are some of the BEST STRETCH MARK CREAM removals which can be used during pregnancy. Always remember, if you hydrate your skin enough, you can expect fewer stretch marks. So, don’t panic for stretch marks, they will get less visible with the time.
Enjoy your motherhood!
Can stretch marks go away if I lose weight?
No, stretch marks get more visible when you lose weight. As the skin goes back to its natural position, so it becomes more wrinkled and evident.
How long after delivery, I can get rid of stretch marks?
You can never get rid of stretch marks. They will be with you for a lifetime, instead, their appearance gets reduced with the time. So, after delivery stretch marks will take 3-6 months to get less visible.