You are Pregnant. Let’s share this great news with the world by raising a glass of water. Yes, drinking water is very important. Whether you are expecting or not, but water plays a very important role in your life. For all the mom-to-be it is very necessary to be hydrated enough. The benefits of drinking water during pregnancy cannot be substituted with any other thing.
Water helps the fetus to grow properly. It carries oxygen and all other nutrients to cells and organs of the body. So, let’s understand properly how drinking water benefits pregnancy.
Check out the blog-
Benefits of staying hydrated during pregnancy
We all know drinking water is necessary for pregnant women, let’s have a look at how does staying hydrated benefits us-
- Reduces swelling- Water helps to remove the swelling and cramps from the body. As pregnancy increases, bodyweight increases, giving pressure on your legs. This mostly causes swelling in the body. Water helps to keep the body running smoothly, and also reduces the swelling.
- Increases energy- Whenever you feel low or tired, try having a sip of water. Water helps to increase the energy of the body. When there is sufficient fluid running in the body, your body does not feel fatigued.
- Keeps us cooler- Another common problem which the pregnant women face is heat tolerance. During pregnancy many times the heat level rises up, making it easier for expecting women for heatstroke. Drinking enough fluids helps to keep our body cooler and decreases the chances of heatstroke.
- Decreases the risk of UTI- Drinking enough water decreases the chance of UTI and Constipation. Water helps to keep your body diluted, which in turn keeps the urine flow diluted, reducing the chances of UTI.
Constipation is another common problem that every pregnant woman faces. As the baby increases, there is very little space in the stomach causing constipation. Constipation can lead to Haemorrhoids. Drinking adequate water keeps all these problems off the track.
- Maintains a Clear Complexion- During pregnancy, our skin faces many changes. You may feel pigmentation and uneven skin tone covering your skin. Drinking enough water helps to keep your skin clean and clear. It flushes out the toxins from the body and gives you a clear complexion.
- Delivers all nutrients to baby- Do you ever think, is your baby getting enough nutrients? How do the essential nutrients reach the baby? All thanks to the water you drink. Water helps to absorb all the essential nutrients and pass it onto the necessary cells and organs of the body.
What can we drink to stay hydrated?
Many women are not able to drink water as much as it is required. The concept is to stay hydrated, there are many other ways in which you can keep your body hydrated.
- Milk- Milk is also necessary during pregnancy. Along with offering calcium, it helps to keep the body hydrated.
- Coconut water- Coconut water is the best replacement for water. It is pure, energetic, and full of nutrients.
- Fresh juice- Instead of packaged juice, try fresh juice. They are more beneficial.
- Watermelon- Watermelon is all about taste and water content. Eating watermelon increases the level of water in the body.
- Chicken Soup- Soup is another great choice to keep your body healthy and hydrated.
- Oranges- Oranges are loaded with vitamin C, they are great in taste and water content.
- Strawberries- Strawberries are very nutritious, they are tasty and also fills you up with vitamin C.
- Sparkling Flavored water- If you feel, you can also try sparkling flavored water.
- Vegetable juice- Just as healthy is vegetable eating. Vegetable juice is also very beneficial for health.
3 ways to increase your daily intake of water
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up. Instead, of coffee or tea (you can try hot water with fresh lemon).
- Try not to deprive your body of water. If ever you feel thirsty, that is the sign of dehydration.
- Try to avoid cold drinks and caffeinated drinks, as it dehydrates the stomach.
So, above are the benefits of drinking water and how you can keep yourself hydrated. Staying adequately hydrated is required both for mother and baby. If you feel you are not able to keep yourself properly hydrated, you should consult your doctor, as they can suggest something.
Stay Hydrated! Enjoy your Pregnancy!
1. How much water a pregnant woman should drink?
The water quantity differs from woman to woman. There is no set standard for the consumption of water. But it is recommended to drink around 2.3 liters of Drinking Water during Pregnancy. You can also check whether your body is getting enough water or not-
If your urine color is a colorless or pale yellow, it indicates your body is adequately hydrated.
If you are urinating less and the color of urine is dark yellow, that means you need to increase your water content.