Pregnancy brings a lot of changes to us as human being. We tend to be more careful; we eat healthily, keep ourselves active and also exercise more. All these things just to keep the baby healthy. Yes, when a woman comes to know about her pregnancy. She becomes amazingly careful and changes herself just for her baby. But from last year, we have got one more thing to worry about COVID-19. Yes, this pandemic has created an anxiety wave in everyone’s heart especially the pregnant woman. There are some things to know if you are pregnant during COVID-19.
Being pregnant is already one stressful phase. And being surrounded by a disease, whose symptoms keep changing add to the anxiety and stress situation. But there’s nothing to worry about, being a woman you can deal with anything that risks the safety of your baby.
Check out the blog-
Protect yourself from COVID-19
It is still unclear whether or not COVID-19 will cause the problem to pregnant women or to their unborn child or not. Therefore, it is better to take some precautions like-
1. Stay away from everyone as much as possible-
It is good to stay from relatives, friends, grandparents until you are sure about their COVID status. If you have kids it is good to keep them inside, as they can transmit you the symptoms.
2. Reduce going out and purchasing grocery-
I know we all love going out and purchasing grocery, but at this time it is better to transfer this duty to your husband. And also ask your husband to wear masks and gloves and maintain a proper distance.
Also, before you start using the products disinfect them.
3. Disinfect all delivery packages-
We cannot stop ourselves from ordering online, no matter the situation. But we sure can take care of ourselves even in this situation. It is better to wear gloves, before you touch the package to receive it. Spray the disinfectant on them and let the package stay untouched for a day.
COVID-19 Virus Stability:
- 3 Hours in Air
- 4 Hours on Copper surface
- 24 Hours on Cardboard
- 2-3 days on Plastic and Stainless steel
4. Wash all the fruits and vegetables with vegetable wash.
5. Eat Healthy and Increase your Immune system-
We all are taking care of ourselves and will continue to do so. But it is better to eat healthily, do some yoga and improve your immunity.
What if I develop COVID symptoms in Pregnancy?
Even after taking all the precautions, you somehow develop COVID symptoms during pregnancy. First things first, do not panic.
- It is possible that you might just be having cold.
- Start writing about your symptoms like what all are you feeling. Symptoms of COVID-19 Infection are- fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- Contact your healthcare provider first, before you think of taking any random medicine.
- It is possible that your doctor prescribes you the medicine.
Things to be prepared for
- If your due date is near, it is better to call up the hospital and know about their policies. Due to COVID-19, policies are changing every day.
- Be prepared for the situation, where you will meet many pregnant women from different places.
- If you have booked a photographer for this special day, you need to cancel it. Think of ways how you can do it on your own. Ask doctor if the nurse could do it.
Keep Yourself Hygienic
- Sanitise the whole hospital room, before you go into it.
- Keep sanitiser handy, so that you can use it whenever you feel the need for it.
- Stop worrying about the outside world, as you cannot control it.
- Limit your Internet time.
- Go outside, enjoy nature and go for a walk.
- Stay positive, there is enough negativity already.
- Meditate and listen to some soothing music.
- Do prenatal yoga.
- Talk to your friends and relatives.
Things you can do in COVID-19 Pregnancy
Just like you many women are going through this phase. You must be feeling upset that you are not able to go outside; you had to cancel your baby shower. But don’t worry your health comes first.
- You can try for virtual baby shower. Ask your friends to come on zoom or skype and have fun with them.
- Dress nicely; even if you are at home it will make you feel good.
- Read good books. Listen to soothing music.
- Once in a week have a virtual hangout with your friends. Cook something amazing and just chitchat.
- Try candle light dinner with your partner.
Basically, whatever make you happy try to do all those things. Just a little change in things and you can still enjoy them.
Above are the things which you can do if you are pregnant during COVID-19. Just stay positive, be careful and enjoy your moments.
1. Does COVID-19 impact pregnant woman differently?
There’s no such evidence that COVID-19 affects pregnant woman differently. A pregnant woman may be higher at risk, as the immune system gets weakened at this time. But the symptoms may be the same, but if in case you feel you have become positive it is better to consult your doctor, before taking any medicine.