We all try to become supermoms when it comes to our babies. But it is very difficult to be with your baby 24*7, slowly you will need your own time and also time to relax and enjoy your Me time. But babies feel hungry every 2-3 hours and they need to be fed. This is the time when the milk bottle comes into the picture. The main concern of every mom is,” Which is the Best Baby Bottle for Breastfed Babies?”
It is true, choosing a bottle for your baby is the second most difficult task, choosing a perfect name still remains on top. Breastfeeding is indeed best, but at some point, you will have to introduce your baby to the bottle. So, considering the confusion, we have written a properly researched blog for you, which tells you about the features to look for, the buying guide, and also the best baby bottle for your breastfed child.
Check out the blog-
Features to Consider in Good Baby Bottle
The right bottle can make your baby feeding relaxing and comforting. Try invest in a good bottle, as it will be the immediate second thing your baby will take into her mouth.
Here are some important things to consider before buying the bottle-
- The Nipple– Make sure the nipple of the bottle is good and has the perfect flow according to the baby’s age.
- Newborn to 3 months: Slow-flow nipple
- Babies age 3 to 12 months: Medium-flow nipple
- Toddlers aged 12 18 months: Fast-flow nipple
- The Bottle Size– Smaller and slimmer bottle is easy for babies to hold and also for mothers. But it will be a tiring task for you, as you will have to keep on refilling it. Either you can buy a small bottle for the newborn baby, and when the baby grows, you can change the bottle to a bigger size. Or buy a bigger bottle and just change the nipple when the baby grows.
- Avoid Toxic Material– Many baby bottles are made up of plastic and many of the low-quality plastics use BPA. It is very necessary, you look for the following harmful substances and make sure that they are not in the bottle-
Best Baby Bottle for Breastfed Babies Of 2021
1. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle:-
Some babies learn the proper latching very soon, while some take time to have a good proper latching. This Tommee Tippee Fiesta Bottle, helps the babies to have a proper latching. It has got a distinctive design, which helps the baby to hold the bottle properly.
The company claims, that around 90 % of babies, love this bottle in their third try. There are different flow rates in the bottle and it also has a sophisticated anti-colic valve.
- Realistic nipple to latch on
- Nice design for baby to hold
- High quality and non-toxic material
- Super sensitive slow flow nipple
- The measurements printed on gets rubbed sometimes
2. Nanobebe Breastmilk Baby Bottles Reviews:-
If you just love to try something new and unique with your baby products, then Nanobebe bottle is for you. The shape of the bottle is just like the breast and it hollow from the back, which can be made as an upturned bowl. its Best Baby Bottle for Breastfed Babies.
The bottle is designed in such a way that the nutrient content of the milk does not get lost. You can directly pump your breast milk in the bottle. It anti-colic and will inhibit bacterial growth.
- Milk cools faster and also warms faster
- Helps with colic
- Space saver
- Unique design
- BPC, PVC, Phthalate-free
- Triple venting system
- Your baby’s face gets covered with the bottle
3. Comotomo Baby Bottle Reviews:-
As unique is the name of the bottle, this nursing bottle holds many distinctive features. Unlike other bottles that are made of glass and plastic, Comotomo Bottle is made up of squishy silicone, which feels more like the breast.
It has got a wide mount and naturally shaped nipples. It does not need to be assembled with many parts and is best for traveling and the best gift for the new mommy. This is one of those baby bottles, which should be on your list of buying.
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Made up of silicone
- Best for traveling
- Dual anti-colic vents
- Little Expensive
4. Dr.Brown’s Original Bottle For Newborns:-
One of the best wide neck breastfeeding bottles. Dr. Brown’s Bottle offers solid all-rounders, wide neck which does not let the baby feel any difference between bottle and breast.
It has got a good venting system, which helps to reduce colic, gas, and spit-up. It is one of the most favs. bottle of parents, child, and also doctors.
- Reduces colic and burning
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Multiple parts to put together
- Can be little tricky to clean
5. Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle Review:-
If you are a real fan of glass bottles, then your search ends with Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle. This bottle is not soft like plastic or silicone, but the nipples are shaped exactly like the breast. Its top-rated Best Baby Bottle for Breastfed Babies for newborns.
The bottle’s wide neck makes it easy for cleaning and filling purposes. It is made up of premium borosilicate glass, which means it is totally harmless for your baby.
- Made up of glass
- Wide neck makes it easy to clean
- Anti-colic feature
- Wide breast-shaped nipple
- Easy to clean
- Anti-colic system
- The bottle size may be smaller
6. Lansinoh Breastfeeding Bottle With NaturalWave Nipple:-
No, the baby product list is complete without the mention of the Lansinoh brand. Be it nursing pads, breast pump, or baby bottle Lansinoh Company has always understood the requirement and made the product.
The shape of this Lansinoh bottle is a little different from others. Its nipple helps the baby to make a wave-like a tongue movement. The bottle is easy-to-clean and is constructed very properly.
- The nipple on the bottle mimics natural breast
- Good venting system
- Anti-colic design
- Dishwasher safe
- Made up of soft silicone
- Encourages baby’s wave-like tongue movement
- Nipples are very flexible
7. Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle:-
A 100% recyclable bottle, which reduces the work of moms of washing the bottle again and again. This Playtex baby anti-colic bottle has taken care of a special feature of filling of air in the bottle. It comes with a liner disposable bag, which gets shrink as soon as the milk gets sucked up, creating zero space for air.
The bottle is BPA free and pre-sterilized. And the nipples have a raised texture and a natural, wide shaped which encourages healthy latch.
- Closer to natural feeding
- Anti-colic feeding
- Easy enough to assemble
- Generous flow
- Sterilized bags for extra hygiene
- The bag holds 10 ounces of milk, so if the baby drinks less, you need to take care of the air in it.
8. NUK Simply Natural Bottle Reviews:-
Mom’s favorite nursing bottle NUK Natural bottle is affordable and also has multiple nipple holes, which gives baby more of a realistic feeling. There are different hole nipples and you can choose accordingly.
Until your baby latches on the bottle properly, the milk won’t come out. It helps to cut down on spit-up and gas. The bottle is stain resistant and looks new for a long time.
- Super soft silicone nipple
- Come with multiple holes
- Silicone nipple stretch
- Cut down on spit-up and gas
- It is necessary to position the bottle correctly when feeding
9. Mimijumi Not So Hungry Breastfeeding Baby Bottle:-
Seeing this bottle, the first thing that comes to mind is how realistic this bottle looks. This milk bottle is considered as one of the best nursing bottles for babies. It is the bottle that looks like a breast and makes the child think he is being breastfed.
It is easy to assemble, and you also don’t have to put rings around the nipple to hold it, because nipples screw directly into the bottle.
- No flow nipple
- Venting system eliminates colic
- No BPS, BPA
- Realistic looking
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- They are really expensive
How to Introduce Milk Bottle to a Breastfed Baby?
Once you have selected the Best Baby Bottle for Breastfed Babies, now is the time to introduce your baby to the bottle. And there are certain things to keep in mind-
- Upright hold- Many moms does the mistake of holding the baby differently when bottle feeding them. Baby feels the difference in position when breastfed and when bottle-fed. During breastfeeding, babies need to suck hard to get milk.
Similarly, while bottle feeding them hold them upright, such that the milk bottle is parallel to the ground. Let the baby suck it, instead of gravity doing the work.
- Paced feeding- Babies while breastfeeding tend to take breaks. The same goes for bottle feeding. Make sure, you are going slow with bottle feeding. Pause every few minutes and let the baby take their time to drink milk from the bottle.
- Start Slow- Don’t just instantly start with the bottle milk. Take time, use a slow nipple, and start with one feeding each day to a breastfed baby.
- Try, Try and Try again- It is a human thing, to reject something new always. Same your baby will not just start with bottle feeding for the first time. You have to be patient and try again and again. Do not freak out, when your baby does not take the bottle at first. So keep trying again and again until your baby gets used to it.
- Consistency is key- It is very necessary to maintain consistency, in order to gain success. Once you have introduced the bottle to your baby. Keep doing it, do not stop once you introduced it. At least, try to bottlefeed once a day, so your baby does not go out of practice.
Read more- How to increase breastmilk naturally?
How to choose a baby bottle?
As a mother, you will look for some special features in the bottle for your baby. Like-
- Anti-Colic Feature- It gets very difficult for the mother when the baby swallows air through the milk and it causes the baby gas. Look for a bottle that has an anti-colic feature like inserts or vents.
- Ease of Cleaning- Having a baby bottle-fed, will increase your workload of cleaning the bottle. And some bottles have many parts in it, which makes it difficult for the mother to clean them thoroughly. So, look for a bottle that has low maintenance.
- Price- Cost while buying baby products is the least priority for many moms. But still, some moms who have a budget for these things will prioritize the bottles according to the budget.
- Material- Material totally depends on you, which one do you prefer plastic, silicone, or glass bottle? If you want a bottle which lasts for long, it will be good if you go with a glass bottle. If you feel the plastic bottle has more benefits than its harmful health risk buys the plastic bottle. These days even silicone material bottles are also available.
What did your baby want in the Bottle?
When introducing the baby to a bottle, you need to give it a thought. You can’t just grab any bottle and give your baby to drink milk from it. Your baby may develop some harmful habits on a poorly designed nipple.
So, while purchasing a bottle for your baby, keep following things in mind-
- The Feel- Your baby needs the type of bottle, which is not so heavy, as the baby will be holding it while drinking. So a strangely shaped bottle or weighted bottle can be difficult for your baby to hold.
- The Nipple- One of the most important thing, which your baby will be looking for is the nipple. The nipple should be the way, that your baby has to do some work to get the milk. They should be close to possibly the way your nipples are. Try looking for ‘accordion’ style nipples that bend and flex as your baby needs.
- Flow Speed- Just the way your nipples have the flow on the milk, you should bring the almost the same type of bottle for your baby, whose speed is neither too slow nor too fast.
- The Shape- Babies are very smart, they instantly recognize the appearance of something different. If you want to switch your breastfed child to the bottle. Make sure the bottle is round in shape and looks like your breast, so that, your baby does not feel any difference.
- Venting- When the baby sucks for the milk, the bottle gets filled with air, which gives your baby gas or colic. Venting helps to allow the air to escape from top or bottom or through the specially designed straw so that the milk keeps on flowing naturally.
Things to remember while buying a bottle for baby
- Don’t buy in bulk
- Consider getting largest size in bottle
- Consider your breast pump brand
- If this is your second baby, get a new bottle
- Have an extra nipple
I hope you will love my blog post- Best Baby Bottle for Breastfed Babies. So, these are some of the things to consider while buying a bottle for your baby. Remember it will take time for your baby to get used to bottle feeding.
But be patient and keep on trying. When are you planning to introduce your baby to bottle feeding?
- When to introduce baby to bottle?
It totally depends on you, when you want to leave the baby for bottle feeding. But it is recommended to breastfeed the child for a minimum of six months. As breastfeeding has its own importance.
- Top-rated best pregnancy pillow for more sleep
- Week by week Pregnancy stage development
- How to get rid of a stretch mark at home
- Tips for when do babies start walking