Congratulations! You are Pregnant. Now there come two types of reaction on listening to this news. Some women get super excited and some women start thinking about the changes their body will be going through. Well, do not worry these days’ women are more aware of how much weight to put on during pregnancy. Belly-Only Pregnancy- You might have heard about this word, if not you might have seen many actresses who are pregnant but do not look like one. They all are aware of Belly Only pregnancy and work hard to get that. Now, how to have a belly only pregnancy? And what’s so special about it?
Well, Belly-only Pregnancy means you do not gain much of the weight and your pregnancy weight is only comprised till your belly. Having Belly-only pregnancy makes you more active and fit, it reduces the stress on your back and also solve many health issues.
Check out the blog to know more about Belly-Only Pregnancy.
Gaining Weight during Pregnancy
Before we head on to Belly-Only Pregnancy, let’s understand that it is completely normal to gain weight during pregnancy. In fact, it is necessary that you gain weight during pregnancy. Most of the weight which you gain in pregnancy is the fluid weight that protects your baby from any harm.
Your main focus during pregnancy should only be about the health of your baby. Having a healthy lifestyle does not mean losing weight, it means choosing a great diet full of essential nutrients and the right quantity of calories.
Just remember whatever healthy choices you make during the pregnancy helps to lose weight easily just after the baby is born.
So, now since you know that putting on weight is normal during pregnancy. Let’s understand how we can have Belly-Only Pregnancy.
Benefits of Belly-Only Pregnancy
So, we do not need to tell you the benefits of Belly-Only Pregnancy as you might already be aware of it. But still let’s see some points for Belly-Only Pregnancy-
- You stay in shape and your confidence is at its peak.
- With Belly-Only Pregnancy you have fewer backaches and pains.
- Having a healthy body weight in pregnancy helps to make it loose faster after delivery.
- Your body naturally sheds the pregnancy weight as soon as you deliver the baby.
It is very necessary that you work out, without workout it is impossible to have a Belly-Only Pregnancy. You can try following workouts to keep your weight at minimum.
Standing Side Crunches-
This is a simple exercise, which will help to increase the flexibility. For this workout- Stand straight with your legs hip-width apart.
- Your hands to be behind your head
- Now, bend slowly towards left side, make sure you do not feel any discomfort.
- Slowly come back to the initial position
- Now, bend slowly towards to the right side.
Dumbbell Side Bends-
In this exercise, you will be holding a little weight on your hands. You can have either 2kg or 5kg dumbbell, which you feel easy and comfortable to hold.
- Hold the dumbbell in your left hand
- Bend slightly towards the left, be aware of your body movement
- Then slowly come back
- Do the same at the right side.
Side Plank Hip-
For this exercise, it is better to have a supervision. Because if you have not done this before, you may feel little discomfort.
- Lie side on the mat
- Place your forearm on a mat perpendicular to your body
- Your leg should be on top of others, with knees and hip straight.
- Raise your body upward
- Hold the position.
Dumbbell Side Bend Variation-
Before going for this exercise, it is better to warm up your body.
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart
- Take a dumbbell and place it above your head
- Bend your body towards the right, your arms should be straight and weight to be above your head.
- Get back to the initial position
- Repeat with the other side.
Make sure that you do not exert your body overly. And if any of the position feels uncomfortable to you, it is better to stop it right there.
Tips for Belly-Only Pregnancy
1. Eat Nutritious Food-
No matter you are pregnant or not, it is very necessary to eat healthy food. Many times women think that being pregnant means eating for two, well this is not true. You do not need to eat excessively instead you need to eat nutritious and healthy food for the proper growth of the baby.
Your body needs good amount of calories for the proper growth of baby. Therefore, it is must that you focus on:
- Whole grains
- Lean Protein
2. No Unhealthy Eating Habit-
It is true that you need nutritious food, but you do not need to munch on unhealthy food habits. You should control your eating if your stomach is full. Although you need to give in to your pregnancy cravings, but it should be done in moderation.
Whenever you feel, you need to eat more, drink a glass of water wait for a while and then eat if you still feel hungry.
3. Drink Enough Water-
Staying hydrated is very important even during pregnancy. Your body needs more liquid during pregnancy to accommodate the birth sack protecting your unborn baby. Water helps to flush out the toxins from the body and also keep your weight under control.
If you do not feel like drinking water every time, you can have juices, fruits and herbal teas they are also the great source of water.
4. Stay Active-
If you used to work out before pregnancy, it is good to continue the workout even after pregnancy. Doing exercises which are in the limit of your body helps you to stay active. If you are not fond of exercising, you can always walk around pacely to keep your body moving. Staying active helps your body to accommodate the pregnancy weight and eases you with back pain and hip pain.
5. Get Plenty of Sleep-
This is very necessary to increase your immune system and your metabolism. When you sleep properly, your body is energized and it also avoids variety of health issues like increased cortisol levels. Not getting enough sleep, leads to slow metabolism and weight gain. I agree that getting a proper sleep during pregnancy is very difficult. Well, you can try following things to try and have a good sleep-
- Don’t consume much liquid before you are going to hit bed. Frequent visit to washroom may disturb your sleep.
- Try using a pregnancy pillow, to support your belly.
- Sleeping on your left side, can increase blood and nutrient flow to the baby and you can get more comfortable during night.
- If possible, try to maintain a proper sleep routine. Going to bed and waking up on time helps your body to prepare for sleep.
6. Try Kinesio Taping Technique-
Many of you might not be knowing about this Kinesio taping. Kinesio tapping is mostly used by athletes to support the muscles. But even pregnant women can use it to prevent diastasis recti and to get a belly only pregnancy. Supporting your belly with Kinesio Taping can help in the back pain, sciatic nerve and swollen feet.
If you have never used one in your life, it is recommended to consult an expert for it.
7. Wear a Pregnancy Belly Band-
If you feel Kinesio Taping is really not your thing, you can always go for a Pregnancy Belly Band. Belly Band are designed in a way which helps to support your abdomen and lower back. It makes you stay active during pregnancy.
Just like sports bra supports your breasts during physical activity. Belly band helps to support uterus and relief you from discomfort. Just be careful on using the belly bands, as too much use of it can impair circulation and lead to heartburn and digestion.
The above tips will not only help you to have a Belly-Only Pregnancy, it will also help you to have a healthy pregnancy which should be the main priority and concern. Just remember that though you may crave about having a Belly Only Pregnancy, it is very important to have a healthy pregnancy.
What are your views on Belly-Only Pregnancy?
- 17 Natural Tips on How To Get Pregnant (Fast & Easy)
- 22 Life-Changing Pregnancy Hacks Every Woman Should Know
- How to Control the Weight during Pregnancy
- Why is it more Difficult to Get Pregnant after 35?