Ohh! So, you missed your period and now you might be totally restless as you want to know whether you are pregnant or not. No matter you were planning or not planning a baby. Whenever we women, miss the period, the first thing that comes to our mind is pregnancy. But the question which comes is when to take a pregnancy test? Now, as you are anxious, worried, and all the mixed feelings coming to you. You might be asking Can I take a pregnancy test? Every other minute to yourself.
So, put your mind to little rest and take a deep breath. We have brought to you the answer to all your questions- What time is the best to take a pregnancy test? Which pregnancy test is more accurate? And many more.
Check out the blog-
How soon can you take a Pregnancy Test
Before you think of taking a test, it is good if you wait for a week after you have missed your period. Taking tests before that may give you false results. There is the best time in your cycle and the best time of day, which will give you a 100% positive result.
Best Time in Your Cycle
The best time to test for the pregnancy result is once you have missed your period. This will help you to get rid of any false negatives and also any false positives. If you have an irregular cycle, or you do not remember your date. It is good, to avoid taking the test until you have passed the longest menstrual cycle.
Suppose if your longest cycle has lasted between 30-36 days, then the best time to take a pregnancy test is on the 37th day.
Which is the Best Time of Day to test?
There is no best time of day to test the pregnancy. But you are more likely to get a positive result if you take the test first thing in the morning. The home pregnancy test works by analyzing the hormones in your urine. But if you get up in the night to pee, or you drink a lot of water. Then it can hinder the concentration of urine.
It is said that urine in the morning is more concentrated, only if you do not drink much water and do not get up to pee in might. So, if you test for pregnancy in the morning, you may get a positive result. To double-check it or to confirm it, it will be good to take a test in the evening and night too.
So, the pregnancy test best time is morning.
Early Pregnancy Symptoms Before Missed Period
Taking a pregnancy test is a little delayed. If you feel you are pregnant, you can feel the following changes before you even think of taking a test.
- Missed Period- This is the most reliable sign that you are pregnant. If you keep a track of your cycle, and you feel your period has been delayed a lot, then it is good to take the test or to check up with the doctor.
- Breast Changes- When you are pregnant, you feel your breast to be tender and bigger. When you are pregnant, the hormones start to change your body. And one such change is of your Breast. Due to increases in blood flow, the breast becomes tender and bigger.
- Light Bleeding- Some women experience little bleeding or spotting when they are pregnant. This bleeding occurs when the embryo attaches itself to the urine wall. It is also called as implantation bleeding.
- Nausea and Vomiting- Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms of pregnancy. As soon as you are pregnant, hormonal changes occur. And the first thing which you face is Morning Sickness. If you are feeling nausea and vomiting for no particular reason, chances are you are pregnant.
- Fatigue- Fatigue is an early and common sign of pregnancy. It is difficult for a woman, to go through the whole day without resting, as the body is already changing itself for welcoming the baby.
- Feeling Different- You might have heard people telling you about gut feeling. Many women, experience it. When you are pregnant, you go through physiological and hormonal changes. You have that feeling of being pregnant.
- Cramps- Just the way you feel cramps during menstruation. You will also feel cramps during pregnancy. These occur when the embryo attaches itself to the wall. So no need to worry they are normal.
Pregnancy Test: How to Use and How it Works?
Using a pregnancy test is very simple. You just need to pee on the stick. And then wait for the line. To understand the color of the line, instructions are given on the packet.
Now, pregnancy test works with the hormone present in your urine called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). There are different varieties of this hormone. The regular or normal hCG is released only after an embryo is implanted. H-hCG is released shortly after fertilization.
The pregnancy test by urine at home does not give you an accurate result, of the hormone present in your urine. It detects just the minimum amount. But that doesn’t mean that you are not pregnant if you get a positive result.
The pregnancy test taken by the pregnancy kit, are not always effective. As some are not sensitive to detecting hCG.
Pregnancy test by Blood
As you have already tried peeing on a stick and got the results. Now, just to be more confirmed and accurate, before you make it official you should go to the doctor for the second type of pregnancy test. This test is done by blood.
Pregnancy test by blood are of two types: Qualitative and Quantitative
- A qualitative blood test tells you about the minimum amount of pregnancy hormone present in your blood. It will just tell you whether you are pregnant or not.
- Quantitative blood tests tell you about the amount of pregnancy hormone present in the blood. It records the progress in pregnancy. So, your doctor may order a test of beta hCG (needed for a quantitative blood test) on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday just to be sure of the confirmed pregnancy. This test is needed if a woman has a history of miscarriage.
When Pregnancy Test Will Be Positive
I know you might be a little worried and anxious about taking the pregnancy test. Believe me, everyone is, as pregnancy is something huge. But since you missed your period, you have to take the test. So, the first test which you take which is the pregnancy kit, you pee on the stick and check for the line. Now, be prepared that you may get a positive or negative result. If you get a positive result, Congratulation!! that means you are pregnant. But, before you call up your relatives and your mother to make it official. You need to take the second step, which is to call up the doctor and make an appointment. As the doctor is the person who makes it official.
The chances of false-positive are very rare. But still, you may get it. So, before calling up the doctor for an appointment, it is good to check with the pregnancy kit at least three times at different times of the day.
When Pregnancy Test is Negative?
If you are sure that you are pregnant, but the stick does not show you the line, don’t be disheartened it’s just a stick, your gut feeling is more important. There can be following possible reasons for it-
- The test kit might be expired.
- You have tested very soon.
- You might have tested the wrong way
- You drank lots of fluids, just before the test.
If you got a negative result, but you are feeling other symptoms of pregnancy. You may want to try again later at week with a different pregnancy kit. If you got two different color lines when you tested the second time. It will be good to consult a doctor.
So, these were the answers to all your questions related to pregnancy tests. Never be in a hurry to take the pregnancy test, and also always cross-check twice before you reach a conclusion.
If you have any more questions related to the topic. Please shoot it in the comment box and we will be happy to answer them.
- Which pregnancy test is better?
The first pregnancy test, which every woman does is the home pregnancy test. The home pregnancy test helps you to answer your initial questions. But for a proper answer and to have the confirmation blood test is important.