Pregnancy changes a women’s life. You abstain from many fun activities like mountain climbing, getting a tattoo, dancing and many more such things. Even sometimes you have to cut down to your hobby too. But still, you can enjoy one amazing fun thing with your partner which will keep you healthy and also is a great stress buster- SEX. Many women think that once you have gotten pregnant sex should be avoided. It is not so; you can enjoy sex during pregnancy.
Worried about your little one? Don’t be, your baby is perfectly safe as there is a bubble of amniotic fluid protecting him. Read more, to understand about sex during pregnancy.
Check out the blog-
Benefits of sex during pregnancy
Pregnancy sex is one good thing and it comes with some pretty sweet perks, which are as follows-
- It is great for your physical health- Getting intimate for 30 minutes can help burn around 50 calories and also lower blood pressure.
- Helps to ease pain and discomfort- During sex when you reach orgasm, it releases the hormone called oxytocin, which helps increase the pain tolerance. It can also help with pregnancy backaches.
- It improves sleep- Pregnancy sex helps to release stress and makes you relax. It improves sleep and also releases feel-good hormones.
- A great mood-booster- Pregnancy brings all types of mood swings with it- sometimes you are super excited, sometimes you are nervous and sometimes anxiety strikes you. Sex releases the oxytocin hormone which helps you to relax and is also a great mood booster.
- Helps to ease postpartum recovery- Pregnancy sex tone your pelvic floor, orgasms help your body to prepare both for childbirth and for recovery. You can also try Kegel exercises during sex to get those vaginal muscles in shape.
Is Sex safe during Pregnancy?
The shortest to this question is Yes. Pregnancy won’t stop you from having intimate time your partner. But just to be super sure about this, it is better to talk to your doctor first and then decide on it.
Can sex trigger Labor?
Yes, it has been saying before that if you have sex near your due date then it can trigger labor. Sex and orgasm cause contractions and these contractions can lead to the baby coming out sooner.
But it is also necessary to avoid sex in the following situations- When not to have sex during pregnancy.
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Leaking Amniotic Fluid
- The cervix begins to open Prematurely
- You have a history of preterm labor or preterm birth.
Is sex during the third trimester safe?
Yes, sex during the third trimester is absolutely safe if you have a normal and healthy pregnancy. Sex is not only considered safe but also healthy during pregnancy. Your partner might think that they will hurt the baby’s protective bubble. But it is not like that, your baby is perfectly safe and your partner can do any harm to him.
Also, during pregnancy women feel a high sex drive, so you can have some fun. Just find a comfortable position and you can get intimate. You can also try “Spooning” one of the lowest impact positions that avoids pressure on your internal organs.
What are the best sex position during Pregnancy?
The position you feel comfortable with is the best position during pregnancy. Now having said that, you need to experiment with some new positions to check your comfort level. The main concern is about taking care of that baby bump so that you do not put extra weight on your belly.
Some of the best sex positions during pregnancy is-
- Side-lying- This is one good position as it keeps the weight off your back and belly. If still, you feel pressure on your lower back, it will be a good option to tuck the pillow between your knees to be in a comfortable position.
- Woman on top This position is safest as it does not put any pressure on your belly and also you are in control of both penetration depth and clitoral stimulation.
- Partner on top One of the most common position is also called as a missionary. Just make sure that your partner does not put any extra weight on you. And trying this position after the fourth month may cause little discomfort.
So, above are some things to remember while having pregnancy sex. Just make sure your pregnancy is not complicated and also consult a doctor for any minute clarification.
Enjoy your pregnancy! Enjoy the sex!
1. Can sex harm my baby?
No, sex cannot harm your baby. Your baby is well protected by the amniotic sac and the strong muscles of the uterus. Do not worry the penis does not reach the fetus during sex.
2. Can sex cause miscarriage?
If your pregnancy is low risk, then the contractions you feel during sex and just after orgasm are not associated with labor. So, before you proceed with this, you should consult your doctor.