You are pregnant and soon your baby will start growing. At that time, your body weight increases, your abdomen increases and it all makes you uncomfortable in sleeping. Pregnancy is the time when you need to rest the most. The first trimester is still easy and comfortable. The real struggle starts during the second and third trimesters. At this time, the whole body is adjusting itself to accommodate the baby. This is the time when you need the best pregnancy pillow for back pain.
Yes, Pregnancy pillows are one of the best help to pregnant women. They help to relieve the pain from the back, leg, and also give support to the baby bump. The pregnancy pillow helps you to snuggle them and sleep properly during the pregnancy phase.
Theblessedmom has shortlisted some of the popular best pregnancy pillows for back pain and sleeping more comfortably. Check out the blog-
How to choose the best pregnancy pillows?
- Size- Pregnancy pillow comes in different size, some are small as a wedge which is the standard size of the pillow, some come in U shape which hugs you from back and front. The pregnancy pillow takes a lot of space on the bed, so it eventually depends on how much room is your bed and your partner, willing to give you.
- Shape- There are many shapes of pillows Like U-shaped, C-shaped, etc. Some pillows start from your head and end between your knees. Some pillows have a space for the bump. It all depends on, the area you are feeling discomfort. U- shaped pillow does not have to be readjusted again and again as you switch your side in the night.
- Material- If you feel warm, try ordering the pillow made of cotton, instead of polyester material. Some other types of options that you may find are- Memory foam, high-density foam, poly-fiber, and microbes.
- If you want a firm pillow, then you should go for a wedge pillow which is made up of High-density foam. For softer pillows, use the full body pillow.
- Memory foam pillows are good in support but can become warm.
- Microbeads material pillow is super comforting but is found in a small pregnancy pillow.
- Poly-fiber material gives a pliable experience.
When to use a pregnancy pillow?
The best time to use these pillows is when you feel discomfort while sleeping. Around 20th week, the baby starts to grow and you feel heavy and discomfort. This is the time you may want a comfortable snuggling pillow, which can give you the utmost comfort.
But some people suggest, to use this pregnancy pillow from starting so that you get accustomed to sleeping in the shape size pillow.
Benefits of Using Pregnancy Pillow
We all know the pregnancy pillow helps the mom to be to sleep properly and comfortably. But apart from that, it has got other benefits like-
- Comfort from body aches and pains– Pregnancy is not at all easy, with the baby growing inside you, it makes a lot of pressure on the back, legs, and hips. The pregnancy pillow helps to keep these body parts relaxed and also helps them to rest well.
- Enhances blood circulation– Sometimes sleeping on your side, helps in the proper blood circulation. The pregnancy pillow helps you to be comfortable while sleeping on the side.
- It helps you to sleep for longer hours– It is very difficult to sleep properly during pregnancy. A pregnancy pillow provides you proper comfort and softness so that you sleep better and for long hours.
- It can be used even after delivery– During pregnancy the pillow helps you to sleep properly. After delivery, you can use the pillow as a backrest when you are breastfeeding the baby.
8 Best Pregnancy Pillow For Back Pain
After understanding, how to buy the best maternity pillow. Now let us see some of the Comfortable pillows must buy-
1. Bedding King Pregnancy Pillow-
A full-length rectangle-shaped pregnancy pillow, which supports your tummy, leg, and head when you are sleeping on the side.
Bedding King Pregnancy pillow is a large pillow made up of ball fiber. It is very comfortable and soft and helps to give your legs the rest and support they deserve during pregnancy. The ball fibers in the pillow can absorb some moisture, so to fluff it again place the pillow under the sun.
Weighs– 485 grams
- Regains its original shape easily
- Soft and comfortable
- Fluffs easily
- Made with microfiber balls
- Doesn’t come with a cover
2. PharMeDoc Full Body C-shaped Pillow-
This pregnancy pillow tops the chart in Amazon. It is listed as the Bestseller in Maternity Pillows. This C-Shaped pregnancy pillow curves around your body from back to front. It provides both upper and lower body support and helps in relieving hip and knee pain.
C- shaped pillows are best for plus-size women. You can also use the pillow while you are seated, and after pregnancy, while you are breastfeeding.
Weighs- 7.36 pounds
- Machine washable
- Super soft material
- Comes with Travel and Storage bag
- Comes with a detachable pillow
- Can be used after pregnancy
3. Leachco Back ‘n Belly Contoured Pregnancy Pillow-
One of the best U-shaped pillows for back pain. This pregnancy pillow was the first pillow to capture the market of whole back-to-belly pillows. It is still one of the most popular pillows. The U shape of the pillow makes it super soft and comforting. You do not have to reposition it again and again as you switch your side.
Many moms to be had loved this pillow. With amazing positive reviews on Amazon, this is the pillow you can think of buying.
Weigh- Over 7 pounds
- Do not have to reposition it.
- Provide support for neutral positioning
- Covers full-back to belly
4. Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pillow-
One of the best oversize pregnancy pillows. Although this is a huge pillow, super comfortable. There are many positive reviews for this. Some say, It forms a cocoon around them, and makes them comfortable.
Weighs- 2 pounds
- Gives belly support
- Machine washable
- Multi-purpose pillow
- Full body support
- Made up of 50% cotton and 50% polyester
5. Boppy Pregnancy Wedge-
This is the best wedge pregnancy pillow. Wedge pregnancy pillows are affordable and small in size. This is a good choice for those, who are not looking for a very huge pillow. It can fit wherever you wish to- between your legs, your bump, or even you back as it is small in size and is super comforting.
Weighs- 2 pounds
- Easy for travel
- Easy Care
- Machine washable
- Provides support to your back and legs
- Promotes side sleeping
- Portable, lightweight and easy to position
- Not made for full-body support
6. Bambi Multifunctional Pregnancy Pillow-
This is the three-in-one pregnancy pillow. As the name suggests, it is a multifunctional pregnancy pillow. After pregnancy, you can use this pillow to feed your baby and also as a baby lounger. It is a 100% cotton cover with polyester filling.
Weighs- 3.53 pounds
- Sleep well during pregnancy
- Can be used as a maternity pillow
- Baby protection internal cushion
- Can be converted into anti-roll cushion
- Gives lumbar support
- May not give full-body support
7. Meiz U-shaped Pregnancy Pillow-
U-shaped pregnancy pillows are one of the pregnancy pillows, as they apart from supporting the bump also support the back, legs, and hip and provide them relief. Meiz U-shaped Pregnancy Pillow is lightweight and provides full coverage to the body.
The extra soft and adjustable filling helps to retain its fluffiness in no time. It is easy to clean and has soft material.
Weighs- 7 pounds
- Extra soft and comfortable
- Machine washable
8. Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow-
This comes with a special feature. It can get bent as a double C-shaped pillow for leg support. It is oversized and is best for king size bed as the name suggests Queen rose, it will cover up the whole queen-sized bed. It is best used for side support during sleeping. You can use it as a nursing post-pregnancy.
Weighs- 7.28 pounds
- U shaped
- Provides exceptional comfort, pain relief
- Quite flexible
- Sleeping and relieving back pain
- Not for a queen-sized bed
Things to remember while buying a Pregnancy Pillow
- Hypoallergenic- If you have a dust allergy. Look for hypoallergenic pillows. They are good for women because during pregnancy women become more sensitive and prone to allergies.
- Pillow should suit your body type.
- Noise and smell of the pillow- Some pillow makes different types of noise when you switch sides and they also have a peculiar smell. This could cause discomfort during pregnancy.
- The more the pillow is fluffier, the more comfort it gives you.
- Choose the right filling.
So, above are some supported maternity pillows, which you can think of buying to make your pregnancy journey a little smoother.
Which one did you like best?
Which is the most comfortable pregnancy pillow?
U-Shaped is better and comfortable. As they cover the whole body of the mom-to-be and give support to your back.
Does the Pregnancy pillow help in relieving back pain?
Yes, pregnancy pillows are best to handle all types of body changes during pregnancy.
Having a good comfortable pregnancy pillow for support helps in soothing back pain and also hip pain.
Are pregnancy pillows washable?
Yes, many pregnancy pillows are washable. You can wash them in the machine and make it dust-free.
Which is the most uses pregnancy pillow for plus-size women?
For plus-size women, a C-shaped pregnancy pillow is best. The way it is designed, you can easily fit inside the pillows.