Congratulation! You are Pregnant. And now you must already be having a long list of things you can and cannot do during Pregnancy. And this list must be prepared by your experienced friends, your mom and other family members. If you would have noticed carefully, you would have found the Benefits of coconut oil during pregnancy. Yes, Coconut oil is amazingly beneficial during Pregnancy. You must be having a lot of medicines to take and in between them, this coconut oil must be too much for you. But Virgin coconut oil is an all-in-one magic potion that comes with immense health benefits.
During Pregnancy, you are already restricted on the items you can use and those which you cannot use. Natural products are always a Yes, when it comes to taking care of your skin and health during pregnancy. Coconut oil is produced by drying out the coconut in sunlight and then extracting oil from it with the help of machines. It is also termed as the breast milk of mother nature, due to its immense benefits. Let’s check out the benefits of Coconut oil during Pregnancy.
7 Health Benefits of Coconut Oil During Pregnancy
1. Anti-Infection Property of Coconut Oil-
Anti-infection property of Coconut oil helps to save you and your little one from any common illness. Consuming just 2 tbsp. of Coconut oil helps to increase the immunity and protects you and your baby from common cold, flu and other common ailments.
2. Good Source of Lauric Acid-
Coconut oil is rich in Lauric acid; after breastmilk this is considered as the best source of Lauric acid. This acid helps in the high quality production of Breast milk so that the baby becomes healthy.
3. Substitute Dairy-
You won’t believe but Coconut oil has the same quality as Milk and other dairy products. During Pregnancy, most women are unable to consume dairy products as you can get very strange food cravings and aversions as well. At this time, to not miss out on any nutrients, you can consume coconut oil.
4. Overcomes Pregnancy Side Effects-
Coconut oil is one amazing oil with immense health benefits. Pregnancy brings a lot of troubles with it, you will have morning sickness, heartburn and constipation. You can use coconut oil for all those problems. The oil has a very soothing effect on our body and also reduces the impact of acid reflux.
Also, Pregnancy gives you many sleepless nights which can cause dark circle, using coconut oil as your daily night eye cream will take care of your eye skin.
5. Soothing Aid for Breastfeeding Mom-
Every first-time mother must have faced this. When you Breastfeed your child, you can get sore and cracked nipples applying coconut oil on it can soothe your nipples.
6. Nourishes Dry Scalp-
During pregnancy, your skin changes and becomes very sensitive. Dry scalp is one common problem during Pregnancy, you can combat this problem by applying Coconut oil.
Apply a little bit of coconut oil on your scalp and let it stay overnight.
Wash off the oil with lukewarm water.
7. Helps to Treat Stretch Marks-
Stretch marks are a gift to you, for giving birth to your baby and experiencing this beautiful phase in your life. You cannot totally remove Stretch marks but you can help to fade them for sure. Start applying coconut oil to your skin and give it a proper massage. Coconut oil helps to keep your skin moisturized and nourished and improves elasticity.
You can this oil, even after birth to treat nappy rash and cradle cap.
Reason Why Coconut Oil is Considered as Superfood
After understanding the above reasons now you might be knowing why is coconut oil considered a Superfood during Pregnancy. Well, there’s more to the list. Check it out-
- The use of Coconut oil in the third trimester reduces perinatal mortality by 60%.
- Coconut oil is rich in anti-fungal and anti-viral properties, which makes it effective in preventing flu, cold and other viral infections.
- By consuming Coconut oil, you can minimize your intake of OTC medications.
- Coconut oil helps in the development and strengthening of the immune system.
- Apart from Coconut oil, Coconut water also has immense benefits. The high electrolyte content in water helps in better blood circulation.
How Coconut Oil can help Baby in Womb?
Coconut oil is rich in saturated fat content. The fat content of the oil helps in the accumulation of fats, which provides immense energy needed for pregnancy. Baby takes all the nutrients needed to it from your body after the baby is fulfilled, the remaining is absorbed by your body. The fat deposit helps to keep you energized and also give your baby proper nutrients.
How to use Coconut oil in Pregnancy?
Following are some of the ways, through which you can use coconut oil in Pregnancy-
- Add 1 tbsp. of coconut oil in your fav. Smoothie. This will help to give you both energy and nutrition.
- You can use coconut oil as a regular cooking oil.
- Use it in salad dressing.
- Apply the oil on your vagina and skin to prevent dryness and improves the elasticity of the skin.
- You can mix the oil with some chocolate powder and spread it on your bread for breakfast.
So, these are some of the amazing benefits of coconut oil. You can use it in pregnancy without any doubt and make your pregnancy journey more enjoyable. Coconut oil is one of the best supplement during pregnancy. It gives you proper nutrition and protection for your baby.
Did you use coconut oil during Pregnancy?
- 15 Best Stretch Mark Cream Removals (Reviews) Of 2020
- Best Sleeping Position During Pregnancy and Why?
- What is a Receiving Blanket? Uses and Tips
- 7 Easy and Safe Exercises to do in the Second Trimester
- 10 Foods to Eat and Avoid While Breastfeeding